A core competence at Fraunhofer CAP is the modelling, simulation and design of components and systems as part of R&D and prototyping projects. A wide range of advanced software is available and staff at Fraunhofer CAP use their design expertise to perform practical simulation and analysis to accurately investigate material and component performance.
Our engineers are able to provide system design CAD drawings as well as electronic or PCB layout diagrams and by using industry-standard design programs projects can be seamlessly transferred to a production environment.
Available software packages include:
- COMSOL - finite element and multiphysics software
- Zemax - ray tracing program
- Solidworks CAD - advanced design software
- Easy-pc and Multi-sim - pcb and circuit diagram software
- MATLAB, MathCAD and other advanced modelling packages