Solid-state lasers are a key area of expertise at the Fraunhofer CAP. R&D capability stretches from the ultraviolet through to mid-infrared spectral regions and continuous wave to ultrashort pulse operation, giving a broad range of world-class laser research and development.
Fraunhofer CAP specialises in all aspects of commercial development of laser and light sources including the modelling and design, development, characterisation, ruggedisation and prototyping of engineered laser-based solutions. Emphasis is also placed on directly-diode-pumped systems for compact and efficient operation.
Applications targeted by these sources are in diverse areas from LIDAR and metrology to laser machining, biophotonics and security applications.
- Comprehensive laser modelling
- Novel compact laser and optical system design
- Laser power stability, frequency control and locking electronics
- UV, visible, near-IR, mid-IR and THz laser systems
- Ultrashort pulsed modelocked operation
- Next generation Q-switched laser systems
- Low cost and advanced femtosecond and picosecond lasers